ST. JAMES CALLS NEW RECTOR
It is with joy that the vestry of St. James Episcopal Church, Paso Robles, announces that The Rev. Barbara Miller has accepted a call to be our new rector!
Mother Barbara is a graduate of the Church Divinity School of the Pacific and has been serving as our long-term supply priest while we, in conjunction with our search committee, have undertaken a careful process of deliberation and discernment.
We are very excited to move forward in our journey under the caring and enthusiastic leadership of Mother Barbara!
Celebration of New MinistryMother Barbara's installation ceremony was broadcast live on August 23, 2015 at 4:00 p.m. PDT. In addition to the 178 in attendance, 115 people watched the ceremony online.
For those who missed this wonderful event or would like to see it again, you can watch the entire ceremony on the video player below.
St. James is . . .
- † An historic church
- † A spiritual foundation
- † A place of welcome and acceptance
- † A conduit of beauty, joy, and grace
- † A center for community life
Come and be part of St. James! You are welcome here. St. James has been part of the Paso Robles community for over 100 years. It is both a place of welcome, prayer, and growth and a vibrant community of people seeking to grow spiritually through prayer and worship, to proclaim the good news of God made known in Christ Jesus, and to promote justice, peace, and love.
We seek to do this through . . .
- Worship is at the heart of our life as a parish faith community. The sacramental life nourishes us week by week and common prayer strengthens us day by day. St. James' Sunday and weekday services provide a variety of worship opportunities for members, friends, and visitors.
- Our parish community provides a strong center for our lives and we seek always to expand our boundaries through involvement in the greater community. St. James hosts over 30 recovery programs each week, supports People' Kitchen and the Saturday Lunch Bunch, the SLO Food Bank, and Loaves and Fishes.
- We believe that Christian formation is a life-long process that nurtures us intellectually and spiritually, equipping us to live out our baptismal promises. St. James hosts both one-time and on-going educational opportunities.
- parish Life and pastoral care
- The fabric of our life as a community of faith is maintained and nurtured through pastoral care and fellowship opportunities. We seek to support each other in the life of faith: in joy and in sorrow, in good times and in bad.
- buildings and grounds
- We are blessed with a beautiful church and a patio and garden area that provides an oasis of calm in the midst of our bustling downtown area. Church facilities are used by a variety of community groups.
©St. James Church