Highlights from the 35th Convention of El Camino Real
Unveiling the simple but powerful theme of “Values,” Bishop Mary Gray-Reeves’ annual address at the 35th Convention of El Camino Real set a new direction for the diocese and challenged congregations to consider their own values and how they embody them in their communities.
Click here to read Bishop Mary's address to the convention, and click here to read convention highlights published in Along The King's Highway.
St. James Identity Project | Terms That Describe St. James
The ballots for our keyword survey are in! Below, in ranked order, are the Top Five keywords and phrases that our congregation selected as terms that represent what St. James is to our congregation, our community and to the world we share:
- This Is God's Table—All Are Welcome Here
- Scripture-Tradition-Reason and Sharing God's Love
- Inclusive and Dignity of All People
After Christmas, a formal request for proposal will be issued to a global community of design professionals, and we anticipate having proposals to review in early January. Stay tuned for more details on this exciting project, and thank you, again, for your help in selecting the words and phrases that describe St. James.
St. James is . . .
- † An historic church
- † A spiritual foundation
- † A place of welcome and acceptance
- † A conduit of beauty, joy, and grace
- † A center for community life
Come and be part of St. James! You are welcome here. St. James has been part of the Paso Robles community for more than 125 years. It is both a place of welcome, prayer, and growth and a vibrant community of people seeking to grow spiritually through prayer and worship, to proclaim the good news of God made known in Christ Jesus, and to promote justice, peace and love.
We seek to do this through . . .
- Worship is at the heart of our life as a parish faith community. The sacramental life nourishes us week by week and common prayer strengthens us day by day. St. James' Sunday and weekday services provide a variety of worship opportunities for members, friends, and visitors.
- Our parish community provides a strong center for our lives and we seek always to expand our boundaries through involvement in the greater community. St. James hosts over 30 recovery programs each week, supports People's Kitchen and the Saturday Lunch Bunch, the SLO Food Bank, and Loaves and Fishes.
- We believe that Christian formation is a life-long process that nurtures us intellectually and spiritually, equipping us to live out our baptismal promises. St. James hosts both one-time and on-going educational opportunities.
- parish Life and pastoral care
- The fabric of our life as a community of faith is maintained and nurtured through pastoral care and fellowship opportunities. We seek to support each other in the life of faith: in joy and in sorrow, in good times and in bad.
- buildings and grounds
- We are blessed with a beautiful church and a patio and garden area that provides an oasis of calm in the midst of our bustling downtown area. Church facilities are used by a variety of community groups.
©St. James Church